Money by Pink Floyd
Have you heard Pink Floyd’s song Money? It’s pretty awesome but is often misinterpreted. Check out the meaning and symbolism of the song below:
1. The song ‘Money’ is about all the bad things that money causes and can bring into your life. This is funny because Pink Floyd sold more than thirty four million copies of the song around the world.
2. This song was never meant to give a positive interpretation of money as many people assume.
3. Throughout the song there are sounds of paper being torn, and coins being thrown into a bowl. In the intro of the song there are sounds of old school cash register tape.
4. Roger Waters is the songwriter for this song.
5. Dick Parry plays a saxophone in this song, which is a rare thing in Pink Floyd songs but they wanted to experiment with different sounds.
Check out this live video on Youtube of the song being performed by the band: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8_ofFa50LzY