CREDIT CARD ADVICE
1. Just in case your credit cards are stolen make sure you keep a list of your credit card account numbers, and the phone number of your credit card company. That way you’re prepared to call anytime to cancel or check in on your credit card status.
2. Check out different types of credit cards to make sure you get one that’s right for you.
3. Make sure you pay your bills on time so that your interest rates and finance charges are kept to a minimum.
4. Before you accept any credit card make sure you read the terms of service in detail including the fine print!
5. File away and keep all your credit card statements, and keep your credit card receipts so you can compare them to your monthly statement.
6. When you sign a credit card receipt draw a line through any blank spaces to avoid fraud.
7. Contact information for credit card fraud questions:
Bureau of Consumer Protection
Office of Consumer & Business Education
Almost everyone gets credit card offers in the mail prompting you to apply and open a credit card account. Often you’ll see something that states that you’ve been pre approved for a line of credit, and they urge you to apply quickly because it’s a limited time offer. Be wary of this because there are many other types of cards to consider. When you’re considering a credit card look at the terms of service and evaluate. The annual percentage rate or APR is given to you when you apply for a credit card. The free period, or grace period, allows credit card holders to avoid finance charges by paying the current balance before the due date.There are many credit card offers and the best credit card offer really depends on the person. If you travel a lot it may be helpful to apply for a credit card with air miles or a flight plan. There are many free credit card offers available and some companies even provide free credit on your new card as an incentive. There are also free credit card offers that require you to do a survey in order to qualify for the excellent offer. There are Visa credit card offers, Mastercard credit card offers, low interest credit card offers, secured credit card offers and student credit card options. If you want to cancel your credit card or make the credit offer stop, you can contact your provider via telephone or the internet and explain what you need done. If you have bad credit you can still apply for certain card offers.